This is a small group study guide based on the content and purpose of the ‘Africa to the Rest’ book. These small groups are known as Ubuntu groups or U-groups. Ubuntu is a significant African contribution to the world of global mission and has abundant biblical support. It is the concept of belonging, communion, commonality and community. Ubuntu means, “I am because you are; you are because I am.”
1. Share with the group who you are, where you’re from, where your feet touch the ground right now, what you do.
2. What are you thankful for this week? What has stressed you–and what do you need for things to be better?
3. Diving in a little deeper, share with each other your life story guided by the following, your:
4. How would you rate your current knowledge about each of the following over a maximum score of 10, with 10 being ‘terrific’ and 1 being ‘terrible’?
5. Why have you decided to join this A2R movement? What are you hoping to gain from this 10-week study?
6. Review the following group guidelines (borrowed from Emotionally Healthy Discipleship). What do they mean to you and will you commit to these?
7. How may we pray for each other as we get inducted into the A2R movement and begin this A2R journey?